Punto informatico Network
Login Esegui login | Non sei registrato? Iscriviti ora (è gratuito!)
Username: Password:
  • Annuncio Pubblicitario

Commodore 64! Gioca online!

Se vuoi segnalare un sito che reputi interessante, posta qui il tuo messaggio. Lo spam verrà eliminato senza possibilità di appello.

Commodore 64! Gioca online!

Messaggioda marce79 » lun gen 21, 2008 10:32 am

marce79
Silver Member
Silver Member

Messaggioda The King of GnG » lun gen 21, 2008 11:17 am

No grazie, preferisco un emulatore degno di tale nome.

P.S.Quel coso in flash non è un "emulatore", visto che la tecnologia flash non credo proprio sia adeguata a caricare in memoria engine che emulano processori e cose del genere. E' un simulatore, e minuscolo, ed è bocciato.

Viva l'emulazione, abbasso i siti in flash che vogliono fare tutto, pure quello che non dovrebbero fare....
People should just buy a cd and rip it. You are legal then" - William Henry Gates III (detto "Bill")
The King of GnG
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Messaggioda cwahlers » mar feb 26, 2008 10:15 am

Sorry for writing in english but i had to correct you, King of GnG.

FC64 does emulate the C64 on a instruction level. It is using and executing original, unmodified ROMS (both the Kernal/Basic ROMS and the game ROMS), and implements a 6510 emulator, the VIC and CIAs and the C64s memory mapping (via address 0/1).

I think this qualifies as emulator and is way ahead of any simulator.

The only thing that FC64 lacks is execution on a cycle level, and we currently have no SID support yet.

Thanks, and greetings to Italy!
Claus.
cwahlers
Neo Iscritto
Neo Iscritto

Messaggioda The King of GnG » mar feb 26, 2008 11:01 am

cwahlers ha scritto:Sorry for writing in english but i had to correct you, King of GnG.

FC64 does emulate the C64 on a instruction level. It is using and executing original, unmodified ROMS (both the Kernal/Basic ROMS and the game ROMS), and implements a 6510 emulator, the VIC and CIAs and the C64s memory mapping (via address 0/1).

I think this qualifies as emulator and is way ahead of any simulator.

The only thing that FC64 lacks is execution on a cycle level, and we currently have no SID support yet.

Thanks, and greetings to Italy!
Claus.

Hi Claus, and thanks for your reply! I really didn't expect that, and I much appreciate it. Well, if your software emulates low-level instructions and implements a full-featured CPU software "simulator", I think I should reconsider my opinion on that....

Anyway I tend to prefer "real" stand-alone emulators, with full screen, graphics filtering and so on, but I love emulation in general and I can only be happy that now even "Flash" - a technology born for multimedia streaming and interactivity on the Net - was used to revive that good ol'crap of computerware [:-D]

Cheers,

King of GnG.
People should just buy a cd and rip it. You are legal then" - William Henry Gates III (detto "Bill")
The King of GnG
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Messaggioda cwahlers » mar feb 26, 2008 4:18 pm

King of GnG,

yeah Flash came a long way. The Flash Player 9 features a JIT compiler VM (compared to earlier version that gives a 10-20x performance boost) plus nice things such as ByteArrays - features that made FC64 possible.

Flash also supports going into full screen mode btw, i just haven't enabled that in the FC64 demo, and with Adobe AIR i could pretty quickly publish a desktop version.

But you're of course right, you can do much more if you for example use C rather than some web scripting language, and FC64 generally is pretty rough around the edges yet (some of which can be fixed, some not).

Cheers!
Claus.
cwahlers
Neo Iscritto
Neo Iscritto

Messaggioda The King of GnG » mar feb 26, 2008 4:49 pm

10-20x performance boost? Impressive.... I think that it isn't enough to emulate complex and "standardised" machines like MAME's arcades - the Java MAME is, well, crap, imho - but these are some really interesting numbers....
The King of GnG
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Messaggioda cwahlers » mar feb 26, 2008 5:20 pm

In Flash, the maximum you can currently emulate is an 8 bit processor with no more that roughly 4MHz (on a 2GHz core duo.. your mileage may vary of course, and also taking into account that you have to emulate graphics chips etc in addition to the processor)

So for anything that fits those numbers, Flash may be fast enough (NES, Apple ][, Atari 2600, etc).
cwahlers
Neo Iscritto
Neo Iscritto

Messaggioda eDog » mar feb 26, 2008 5:34 pm

Hi cwahlers, welcome to MegaLab [:)]

Thanks for your replies: it's very rare to find an english guy in an italian forum! [:D]

Congratulations for your great emulator! [std]

Bye,
eDog

@ King: vedi, devi sempre commentare finché vengono a bastonarti [crylol] [crylol]
eDog,
"È meglio essere temuti o rispettati? Io dico: è troppo chiedere entrambe le cose?" - Tony Stark
eDog
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Messaggioda ssjx » mar feb 26, 2008 9:16 pm

Well ..... however I've King of GnG opinion too .... Interesting project but far away to compete (for user experience) with standard software [:)]

PS
@King (o chi altri parla bene l'inglese)
il mio inglese fa skifo vero? [:D]
Usavo IE e mi lamentavo... usavo Mozilla e mi lamentavo, decisamente meno ma mi lamentavo, ... poi ho trovato Opera e fu amore a prima vista
ssjx
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Messaggioda sleeping » mar feb 26, 2008 10:49 pm

Yeah, MegaLab Forum goes international [:D] ...
Well, I didn't know the emulation world up to the last week, 'cause now I'm using Project64, to emulate the N64 of course (because of this I started reading the thread [std] )... I think it's almost perfect since I've never had problems of any kind with all the ROMs I've loaded onto it [applauso+] http://www.pj64-emu.com/
Of course, I'm also going to give a go to this new Flash-N64Emulator, but I agree with The King that full-screen would be no doubt a welcome feature... I don't really know the features of flash and wether it would be possibile to develop something new, but I wish cwahlers good luck to develop the emulator as good as possible [:)]
Bye! Hope you'll be back soon [auguri]

[:)]
sleeping
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Messaggioda cwahlers » mar feb 26, 2008 11:54 pm

@eDog: thanks! i'm actually a german living in brazil :) i feel guilty posting in english in an italian forum, but i saw the referer popping up in my logs and usually i take a quick peek, but in this case i felt i had to correct King of GnG's comment, so here we are :)

@ssjx: yeah, i tend to agree. i don't care too much either, FC64 was more of an experiment to push Flash to it's limits and see what it's capable of, we didn't even waste a second thinking about competing with established emulators. it was a lot of fun though. and i'm already thinking about writing a complete web based development ide for the 64 (debugger, disassembler, monitor, basic editor, sprite/bitmap editor etc).. that's gonna be even more fun :)
Ultima modifica di cwahlers il mer feb 27, 2008 12:04 am, modificato 2 volte in totale.
cwahlers
Neo Iscritto
Neo Iscritto

Messaggioda cwahlers » mar feb 26, 2008 11:56 pm

@sleeping: this is about the C64, not the N64 ;)

I think it's a quite safe bet that the Flash Player won't emulate a N64 anytime soon ;)
cwahlers
Neo Iscritto
Neo Iscritto

Messaggioda Mr.TFM » mer feb 27, 2008 12:11 am

Well.....

Che sfoggio di conoscenza delle lingue straniere!

Complimenti ai megalabbiani! [std]
MegaLab è una potentissima droga virtuale.
"Nella setta del Codice Macintosh si può entrare, ma non se ne può uscire." V. ZUCCONI
Mr.TFM
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Messaggioda eDog » mer feb 27, 2008 2:44 pm

Mr.TFM ha scritto:Well.....

Che sfoggio di conoscenza delle lingue straniere!

Complimenti ai megalabbiani! [std]

Soprattutto con la maestrina che viene a correggerti [sh] (non avevo messo guy nel mio post [rotolo] )
eDog,
"È meglio essere temuti o rispettati? Io dico: è troppo chiedere entrambe le cose?" - Tony Stark
eDog
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Messaggioda sleeping » mer feb 27, 2008 9:24 pm

modificato
Ultima modifica di sleeping il ven feb 29, 2008 1:12 am, modificato 1 volta in totale.
sleeping
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Messaggioda cwahlers » mer feb 27, 2008 9:29 pm

sleeping ha scritto:Es wäre auch sehr sehr schön gewesen, den Thread auf Deutsch zu schreiben (seitdem du Deutscher bist), aber vielleicht könnten wenigere Menschen die Diskussion folgen [;)] ... Sehr schöne Sprache, irgendwie [:)] ... Ich lerne sie als erste Sprache auf der Uni und sie gefällt mir [:)] ... (ich höffe, dass ich nicht zu viele Fehlern auf Deutsch gemacht habe... ich hab' ein wenig schnell geschrieben [devil] ). Viel Spaß in Brazil und viel Glück für Alles [:)]

Podemos falar en português tambem ;)
Dein Deutsch ist perfekt, respekt!
cwahlers
Neo Iscritto
Neo Iscritto

Messaggioda sleeping » mer feb 27, 2008 10:37 pm

modificato
Ultima modifica di sleeping il ven feb 29, 2008 1:12 am, modificato 3 volte in totale.
sleeping
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Messaggioda sleeping » mer feb 27, 2008 10:40 pm

I forgot: I hope you'll go on following the MegaLab Forum even after this thread [:)] ... It would be nice to have a foreign user in the forum [:)] ...
sleeping
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Messaggioda sleeping » gio feb 28, 2008 11:42 pm

Che è successo? Perché dopo quello che ho scritto io nessuno ha più partecipato alla discussione [uhm] ? Vi assicuro che nelle parte in tedesco non c'è scritto niente di offensivo né di importante [;)] [:)]
sleeping
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Messaggioda The King of GnG » ven feb 29, 2008 12:35 am

sleeping ha scritto:Che è successo? Perché dopo quello che ho scritto io nessuno ha più partecipato alla discussione [uhm] ? Vi assicuro che nelle parte in tedesco non c'è scritto niente di offensivo né di importante [;)] [:)]

Perché personalmente non ho interesse a fare lo sborone XD
The King of GnG
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)
Membro Ufficiale (Gold)

Prossimo

Torna a Avvistamenti nella rete