Punto informatico Network
Login Esegui login | Non sei registrato? Iscriviti ora (è gratuito!)
Username: Password:
  • Annuncio Pubblicitario

Olympic performance a year later, in terms

Suggerimenti, commenti, segnalazione errori, critiche, lodi e quant'altro riguardi strettamente MegaLab.it e i suoi contenuti.

Olympic performance a year later, in terms

Messaggioda blueberryjerry » gio feb 09, 2017 6:48 am

Lincoln, NE (SportsNetwork. Mats Hummels Jersey .com) - Nebraska has fired head football coach Bo Pelini after seven seasons. Athletic director Shawn Eichorst made the announcement Sunday morning, two days after the Cornhuskers completed a 9-3 regular season with a 37-34 overtime win against Iowa. Pelini enjoyed tremendous success at Nebraska, winning at least nine games each season. He posted a record of 66-27 since 2008 with three bowl victories in six games. However, the Huskers never won a conference title, losing three championship games, and this years promising season was derailed with consecutive losses to Wisconsin and Minnesota after an 8-1 start. The 46-year-old Ohio native guided Nebraska to a pair of Big 12 championship games, but the Huskers fell to Texas in 2009 and lost to Oklahoma in 2010. The school moved to the Big Ten for 2011 and the Huskers reached the conference championship game in 2012, but suffered a 70-31 blowout at the hands of Wisconsin. Coach Pelini served our university admirably for seven years and led our football programs transition to the Big Ten Conference, said Eichorst in a statement Sunday. We wish coach Pelini and his wonderful family all the best and thank him for his dedicated service to the university. Before taking over at Nebraska, Pelini had been an assistant at LSU (2005-07), Oklahoma (2004) and Nebraska (2003). He was the Huskers defensive coordinator in 2003 and was also the interim coach for the teams bowl win over Michigan State that season. Pelini also has NFL experience as an assistant with Green Bay (2000-02), New England (1997-99) and San Francisco (1994-96). Joshua Kimmich Bayern Munich Jersey . The San Antonio Spurs handled the conditions, and the team, and it sure helped when a suffering LeBron James couldnt make it to the finish. Franck Ribery Jersey . I suppose Sternberg has earned the right to speak out since his Rays, despite one of the lowest payrolls in the Majors at $58 million, are entering the final weekend of the regular season holding down the first Wild Card spot in the American League, one game ahead of Cleveland and two up on Texas. http://www.bayernmunichfcproshop.com/kids-mitchell-weiser-bayern-munich-jersey/ .com) - Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer were among the third-round winners Friday at the French Open.TORONTO -- Curt Harnett is Canadas most decorated cyclist but he was forced to do the majority of his training south of the border. Thats why the 2015 Pan American Games in his hometown of Toronto are so close to his heart. The 48-year-old was named chef de mission of Canadas Pan Am team Thursday, and said the legacy from the Games will give young Canadian athletes opportunities he didnt have. "Toronto 2015 is a game-changer," Harnett said. Harnett is the only Canadian cyclist to win three Olympic medals, capturing silver in the 1,000 metres in 1984 in Los Angeles, and then bronze in the sprint at both the 1992 and 1996 Games in Barcelona and Atlanta. He accomplishment those feats despite spending several months of the year living and training in California because Canada didnt have a suitable velodrome. "These Games matter," he said. "They matter because of the unprecedented investment into sport in this region, its something we in sport have long waited for, and its critical, it ensures that our athletes continue to pursue excellence right here at home and that we as a sporting nation retain the world class coaching that athletes require to compete and win. "I had to travel to the United States to get access to proper facilities as I prepared to take on the world. Well to that I say No more." Its no surprise that of all the Pan Am venues going up around the GTA, hes most thrilled about the velodrome in Milton, Ont., just west of Toronto, not only because it will be a training base for Canadas top cyclists, but because of its dual use as a community centre. Three basketball courts will be built at the facility that Harnett says will also help get young kids interested in cycling. "To me thats the perfect marriage of what sport opportunity is, because not everybody is going to become a Michael Jordan or LeBron James or Andrew Wiggins," he said. "We can say the same about Sidney Crosby. I was a kid that was introduced to a sport that was off the beaten track by a guy that cared. When you have these facilities in existence that naturally occurs." Harnett said he grew up in Thunder Bay playing mostly hockey.. Serdar Tasci Jersey. His high school football coach -- who was also the president of the Thunder Bay Cycling Club -- suggested he take up cycling as a way to keep in shape for hockey in the summer. "I quickly learned I was more passionate about one sport than the other, and four short years later I was at the Olympic Games," said. The member of both Canadas Sports Hall of Fame and Olympic Hall of Fame is also a veteran of two Pan American Games, winning gold in the 1,000-metre time trial and bronze in sprint in 1987. The announcement was made at the Pan American Sports Organization (PASO) general assembly, which has brought some 350 delegates from Olympic committees and international sport federations to Toronto. A video montage of Harnetts top sporting moments preceded the announcement, to which Harnett joked: "Talk about a flattering introduction, I havent seen that many photos of me in one place since my ex returned the Curt box back in high school." Olympic champion kayaker Adam Van Koeverden congratulated Harnett. "This is a guy who Ive been looking up to as long as Ive been an athlete . . . and as long as Ive been watching shampoo commercials on TV," Van Koeverden joked, a nod toward Harnetts famous Pert Plus commercial that aired in the run-up to the 1992 Barcelona Olympics. Canadian Olympic Committee president Marcel Aubut said, after listing Harnetts accomplishments, "Honestly, with those criteria there was only one real choice for us as chef de mission." Harnett will lead the largest team Canada has ever fielded for the Pan Am Games. The 1983 Pan Am Games in Caracas, Venezuela, were Harnetts first major multi-sport Games, and he said they were huge in his preparation for his silver-medal Olympic performance a year later, in terms of adapting to situations like bad bus schedules or training times that are thrown at athletes. Harnett was the assistant chef at the 2011 Pan Am Games in Guadalajara, Mexico -- and was also arguably the Canadian teams biggest cheerleader, leading cheers and handing out flags at numerous sports events. Canadas chef de mission in Guadalajara was former fencer Jacques Cardyn. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
blueberryjerry
Aficionado
Aficionado

Torna a Benvenuto in MegaLab.it