Punto informatico Network
Login Esegui login | Non sei registrato? Iscriviti ora (è gratuito!)
Username: Password:
  • Annuncio Pubblicitario

d Philadelphia take a 4-1 lead. NOTES: T

Suggerimenti, commenti, segnalazione errori, critiche, lodi e quant'altro riguardi strettamente MegaLab.it e i suoi contenuti.

d Philadelphia take a 4-1 lead. NOTES: T

Messaggioda blueberryjerry » mer feb 08, 2017 8:46 am

Foxborough, MA (SportsNetwork. NGolo Kante Jersey .com) - The New England Revolution will aim to secure their first trip to MLS Cup final since 2007 on Saturday when the club welcomes the New York Red Bulls to Gillette Stadium for the second leg of the Eastern Conference final tie. The Revolution have been one of the hottest teams in the league coming down the stretch and are in fine form with five wins and a draw over their last six matches. Jay Heaps club simply has to avoid a complete disaster in the second leg in order to advance after coming away with an impressive 2-1 win over New York in the first leg back on Nov. 23, thanks to a late goal from U.S. international Jermaine Jones. The visitors opened the scoring in the 16th minute as Teal Bunbury did well to collect the ball on the right side of the pitch. He cut inside on his left foot and unleashed a wicked, curling strike just inside the far post for the opening salvo. I thought Teal showed not just his pace, but you saw the movement to get open on the goal. I thought thats Teal Bunbury. When you get him a little bit of space, he can create and I think hes been excellent for us, Heaps said. The Red Bulls drew level 10 minutes later as Peguy Luyindula slipped in behind the New England defense but his point blank attempt was stopped by Revs goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth. Luyindula had a second bite of the cherry from the seat of his pants that smacked the crossbar, but Bradley Wright Phillips cleaned up the rebound. The winning tally came in the 85th minute as materialized as MVP candidate Lee Nguyen drove down the center of the pitch at the New York defense. He laid the ball off on the right flank to Bunbury, who then played it across the face of goal for Jones, who tapped it in at the back post. New England has been nearly unbeatable on home soil as the club has won its last seven straight home matches, including a 3-1 win over Columbus in the East semifinals. The Revs last home last came back on July 26. To make matters worse for New York, the visitors will be without their biggest offensive threat, Bradley Wright-Phillips, due to suspension. Wright-Phillips, who fired in 27 goals during the regular season, was shown a yellow card in the 60th minute in the opening leg and will be forced to sit out on Saturday due to accumulation. I didnt know the rules of the yellow card accumulation. Im angry obviously, Im angry. Stupid yellow card and now I have to pay, Wright-Phillips said. Despite missing Wright-Phillips, New York will have Thierry Henry available as the Frenchman will play on artificial turf at Gillette for the first time in his MLS career. The only thing is if my Achilles dont last, then I will be on holiday if we dont go through, Henry said. Im sure guys wouldnt care if I can walk or not after that. Thats just the way it is. Benoit Costil France Jersey .ca Fantasy Editor Scott Cullen, NFL Editor Ben Fisher, and Isaac Owusu discuss three hot fantasy football topics. NGolo Kante France Jersey . Alexander was released last week by the Edmonton Eskimos, where he spent the past three seasons at safety. He had 121 defensive tackles, five special teams tackles and seven interceptions in 51 regular-season and three playoff games. http://www.soccerfranceproshop.com/c-21-steve-mandanda-france-jersey.aspx . The Philadelphia Eagles acquired running back Darren Sproles from the New Orleans Saints for a fifth-round draft pick on Tuesday.PHILADELPHIA - Despite his diminutive size, Jimmy Rollins always believed he could hit a baseball. Turns out hes been good enough to amass more hits in a Phillies uniform than any other player. Rollins singled in the fifth to pass Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt to become the Phillies hits leader and Domonic Brown capped the inning with a three-run homer, leading Philadelphia to a 7-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday. Rollins got hit No. 2,235 off Edwin Jackson, sending a 3-1 pitch into right field to open the fifth. The game was then delayed for an on-field celebration. "It was very cool," said Rollins. The 5-foot-8 shortstop never let his stature deter him. "Thats something my mom and dad taught me when Im young," he said. "(Im) probably not going to be biggest guy, but that doesnt mean you have to be weak, doesnt mean you dont have confidence. And then size isnt really going to matter. Ive always had that belief in myself and without it I wouldnt have been here." Chase Utley also homered for Philadelphia, which has won four of five following a dismal 1-8 stretch. David Buchanan (2-3), in his fifth start for injured lefty Cliff Lee (elbow), allowed three runs and six hits in five innings. But the day belonged to Rollins. He made his debut with the Phillies on Sept. 17, 2000, and has played his entire career in Philadelphia. "To be the all-time hits leader, that speaks for itself," Philadelphia manager Ryne Sandberg said. "It was well worth it. Fourteen years of effort with one uniform in a lot of ways thats old school." Said Cubs manager Rick Renteria: "Hes put together what is potentially a Hall of Fame career. Hes a credit to Philadelphia and the Phillies. I think hes admired all over." Schmidt, a Phillies TV analyst for Sunday games, retrieved Rollins bat and greeted the 2007 NL MVP with a high-five and hug at first base. The entire Phillies team then came out from the dugout to offer congratulatory hugs and handshakes. After the Phillies left the field, Schmidt took Rollins hand and held it in the air. Fans cheered and gave the duo a standing ovation as fireworks erupted from the large video board in left field. "I told him, Congrats, it couldnt happen to a better guy," Schmidt said later in the game. "Im glad I was here. My heart is pounding." Schmidt had doubts that any player would break his hits record in nootoriously tough Philadelphia and in the era of free agency. Dimitri Payet France Jersey. But Rollins mentality on and off the field, Schmidt says, allowed him to do it. "Hes very comfortable in his own skin," Schmidt said. "Hes got a nice, short stride and stays relaxed (at the plate). Hes a great clutch hitter, tremendous . much better than me. One of the great compliments you can pay a hitter is (to) say I want him up when the game is on the line." Schmidt said Rollins should get "definite consideration" for the Hall of Fame right now and believes Rollins could land in Cooperstown with continued solid play for three or four more years. "He knows talent, thats pretty cool," Rollins said. Schmidt also knows hitting. Upon leaving the field, Schmidt was stopped in the dugout by the slumping Brown, who asked for a hitting lesson. Schmidt said he told Brown to drive through the ball with his left hand. Minutes later, Brown broke the game open with a three-run homer to right, his fourth of the season after hitting 27 last year, that put Philadelphia ahead 7-3 and chased Jackson (4-7). Rollins received strong ovations when he came to the plate his first two at-bats, but he grounded out to first base in the first inning and lined out sharply to first in the second. He finished 1 for 4. Justin Ruggiano, Luis Valbuena and Mike Olt homered for Chicago. Jonathan Papelbon pitched a scoreless ninth for his 15th save in 16 chances. Jackson allowed seven runs — six earned — on eight hits in 4 2-3 innings. Utley put Philadelphia in front with a solo shot in the first, but Olt answered in the second. It was the 10th homer in 22 hits for the Cubs rookie. Ben Revere and Carlos Ruiz had RBI hits, along with Junior Lakes fielding error in centre field, in the bottom of the second helped Philadelphia take a 4-1 lead. NOTES: The Cubs lost an eighth-inning challenge when replays upheld first base umpire Kerwin Danleys decision that Nate Schierholtz was out at first base. The delay was 2 minutes, 17 seconds. . Jackson fell to 0-5 in five regular-season starts at Citizens Bank Park. . Chicago dropped its NL-worst road record to 12-25. The Cubs havent won consecutive road games on the same trip since last Sept. 10-11. . Cubs left-hander Travis Wood (6-5, 4.95) opposes Phillies right-hander A.J. Burnett (3-5, 4.41) in the series finale at 1:35 Sunday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
blueberryjerry
Aficionado
Aficionado

Torna a Benvenuto in MegaLab.it