Punto informatico Network
Login Esegui login | Non sei registrato? Iscriviti ora (è gratuito!)
Username: Password:
  • Annuncio Pubblicitario

f Big 12 titles and 16 of the schools 18 bowl appearances, i

Suggerimenti, commenti, segnalazione errori, critiche, lodi e quant'altro riguardi strettamente MegaLab.it e i suoi contenuti.

f Big 12 titles and 16 of the schools 18 bowl appearances, i

Messaggioda blueberryjerry » sab gen 21, 2017 10:29 am

INDIANAPOLIS -- When Ed Carpenter, Carlos Munoz and Helio Castroneves were pushed to the edge Saturday, each remained calm and came up with their best-qualifying runs of the day. Kendall Langford Colts Jersey . Now they have to do it again one more time Sunday. The American, Colombian and Brazilian who have celebrated some of their biggest career moments at Indianapolis each made daring runs over the final 80 minutes Saturday to take the top three seeds heading into Sundays Indianapolis 500 shootout. Carpenter finished first with a four-lap qualifying average of 230.661 mph. Munoz was second at 230.460. "I wasnt sure we were going to go 230 in our first run, so I was relieved when we did," Carpenter said. "But to be honest, I didnt think going into qualifying I was going to exceed 230." Others drivers thought Carpenter would, and it only took one practice lap and one qualifying lap to assuage any doubts. Carpenter, the fifth car on the track, averaged 230.114 then sat around all day as other drivers tried to knock him off the top rung. Nobody caught him until a rain delay ended at 4:18 p.m. Then in a flurry of speed, Andretti Autosport driver James Hinchcliffe knocked Carpenter off the pole, Munoz knocked Hinchcliffe, his teammate, off the pole, and Carpenter retook the pole. He finished the day waiting 65 minutes to see if it would stand. Normally, the reward for surviving such tension would be celebrating a pole win. Instead, under the new qualifying format, all Saturday did was assure Carpenter and the other eight top cars of a top-nine starting spot on Indys traditional 33-car starting grid. Each of the top nine will have one qualifying run Sunday with the fastest claiming the coveted No. 1 starting spot for the May 25 race. The success of Carpenter, Munoz and Castroneves was hardly a surprise. Carpenter, last years pole winner, had one of the fastest cars in practice Thursday and Friday. If he wins the pole again Sunday on the track his stepfather, Tony George, once ran, Carpenter would be the second driver since 1990 to earn consecutive poles at Indy. Castroneves also did it in 2009 and 2010. Munoz, meanwhile, drives for Michael Andretti, whose team has consistently put four or five drivers in the top 10 all week. In 2013, Munoz made his IndyCar debut here and responded by qualifying second, finishing second and walking away as the 500 rookie of the year. "I was questioning myself, the team, everything before, but as soon as I hit the track I forgot everything," Munoz said. "The car was really fast, and its a shame we wasted that second outing. I think were looking strong, and well see what happens tomorrow." Castroneves owns three 500 wins and three pole wins at Indy -- all for team owner Roger Penske. But there was plenty of intrigue, too. Kurt Busch, the fourth driver to attempt "the double" by racing in Indy and Charlotte on the same day, May 25, nearly made it into the pole shootout, too. He was bumped with 39 minutes left in qualifying when 2000 Indy winner Juan Pablo Montoya surpassed Buschs speed of 229.960. Busch could have bumped his way back into the fast nine had he not already left for NASCARs All-Star race in Charlotte, North Carolina. He was scheduled to be back in Indy for Day 2 when the top 30 starting spots will be determined. Two other Andretti drivers, Hinchcliffe and Marco Andretti, overcame unusual circumstances to reach the shootout. Hinchcliffe was fourth (230.407) despite spending most of this week recovering from a concussion. Andretti actually withdrew his original qualifying time to move into a shorter line, then waved off on another attempt before making it back to No. 6. Frances Simon Pagenaud, who won the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis last weekend, was seventh. Carpenters teammate, JR Hildebrand, and Sarah Fishers driver, Josef Newgarden, also made the shootout, though Chip Ganassis four drivers were shut out. "I think we need to find a little more speed," Charlie Kimball said. "As a team, the fact that we arent in the top nine would prove that. We all work toward that goal, having four of our cars in the top nine. It was a lofty goal, but that was the expectation within the team." This time, theyll all be watching Carpenter and the rest of the gang. "We came in with a good car and a good package from last year," Carpenter said. "Like I said, with the second car here, weve been able to try some more things than what we did last year." Adam Vinatieri Colts Jersey . Greece was on the wrong end of a 3-0 rout to Colombia in its first game of the tournament. They surrendered a goal in just the sixth minute of the contest, and despite some promising attacking play, failed to crawl back into the match. Japan, on the other hand, struck first in its match with Ivory Coast, with Keisuke Honda putting his side into the lead in the 16th minute. Dezmen Southward Colts Jersey .Y. - Through three quarters, the Brooklyn Nets could not shake the NBAs worst team. http://www.coltsofficialstore.us/authentic-scott-tolzien-colts-jersey/ . He made that dream a reality Wednesday night. Olt, who grew up in Branford, Connecticut, attended UConn and made a nearly 2 1-2 hour trek to Boston a handful of times to watch the Red Sox, belted a two-run homer, one of four hit by Cubs in a 16-9 rout that completed a three-game interleague series sweep.Irving, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - Heisman Trophy winner Ricky Williams of Texas and former Oklahoma standout linebacker Brian Bosworth highlight the 2015 class for induction to the College Football Hall of Fame. A total of 15 players and two coaches were selected for enshrinement. Induction ceremonies are set for Dec. 8 in New York City. This years class also includes linebackers Trev Alberts of Nebraska, Zach Thomas of Texas Tech and Bob Breunig of Arizona State; receivers Wes Chandler of Florida and Thom Gatewood of Notre Dame; running backs Dick Jauron of Yale, Clinton Jones of Michigan State and Rob Lytle of Michigan; offensive linemen Lincoln Kennedy of Washington and Ruben Brown of Pittsburgh; defensive linemen Art Still of Kentucky and Sean Brewer of Millsaps; and quarterback Michael Payton of Marshall. Coaches Bill Snyder of Kansas State and Jim Tressel of Ohio State and Youngstown State will also join the class. We are extremely proud to announce the 2015 College Football Hall of Fame Class, said Archie Manning, Chairman of the National Football Foundation and a 1989 College Football Hall of Famer from Ole Miss. Each of these men has established himself among the absolute best to have ever played the game, and we look forward to immortalizing their incredible accomplishments. Williams won the Heisman Trophy in 1998 and finished his four-year career at Texas as the NCAAs all-time leading rusher with 6,279 yards while setting 46 school records. He was a unanimous First-Team All-American in his final two years and was the first two-time recipient of the Doak Walker Award as the nations top running back. Bosworth spent three seasons at Oklahoma and led the Sooners to a trio of Big 8 titles with an appearance in the Orange Bowl each year, highlighted by a national championship in 1985. He was a consensus All-American in his final two years and is the only two-time recipient of the Butkus Award as the nations top linebacker. Alberts was the first Butkus Award winner at Nebraska in 1993 and led the Cornhuskers to at least a share of three conference titles. He is Nebraskas all-time sacks leader. Thomas was a two-time First-Team All-American and the Southwest Conferences top defensive player in 1994 and 95 at Texas Tech. Breunig was the Western Athletic Conferences top defensive player twice during his career at Arizona State from 1972-74, helping the Sun Devils to a pair of WAC titles while finishing his career as the Sun Devils all-time leader in tackles. Chandler led Florida in receiving for three straight seasons during his career frrom 1974-77 and was 10th in the Heisman voting as a senior, finishing as the highest-scoring non-kicker in Gators history. Reggie Wayne Colts Jersey. Gatewood set nearly every receiving record at Notre Dame in an All-American career from 1969-71, leading the Irish in receiving during each of his three seasons. He was also the first African-American captain in Notre Dame history. Jauron was the Ivy Leagues Player of the Year in 1972 as a senior at Yale and led the Bulldogs in rushing each of his three seasons. Jones led Michigan State to consecutive national championships in 1965 and 66 in his final two seasons with the Spartans, finishing sixth in the 1966 Heisman voting. Lytle, who died in 2010 following a heart attack, was the Big Ten MVP as a senior in 1976 when he finished third in the Heisman balloting after rushing for a then-school record 1,469 yards. He finished with 3,317 yards and helped the Wolverines to a pair of conference titles. Kennedy helped Washington a national championship as a junior in 1991 and was a unanimous First-Team All-American in 1992, helping the Huskies to three Pac-10 titles. Brown was a three-time All-Big East selection and a First-Team All-American as a senior in 1994. Still led Kentucky to its last 10-win season as a senior in 1977, when he was voted the SECs top defensive player. Brewer was the only defensive lineman in Division III history to earn First- Team All-America honors three times during his career from 1989-92. Payton was Marshalls quarterback from 1989-92 when the Thundering Herd played in Division I-AA. He was selected as the Walter Payton Award winner as the divisions most outstanding player as a senior in 92 while helping Marshall to the Division I-AA national championship. Snyder has turned a moribund Kansas State program into a national championship contender during his 23-year career from 1989-2005 and 2009-present. He led the Wildcats to a pair of Big 12 titles and 16 of the schools 18 bowl appearances, including 11 straight from 1993-2003, and joins Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno and John Gagliardi as the only coaches to earn induction into the Hall of Fame while still actively leading a program. Tressel won five national championships during his coaching tenure and is the only coach to win a title at both the Division I-A and Division I-AA levels. He guided Youngstown State to four I-AA championships during his tenure from 1986-2000 and guided Ohio State to the 2002 FBS title. Among the notables not elected from the ballot of 87 players and 25 coaches were former Heisman Trophy winners Eric Crouch and Rashaan Salaam. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
blueberryjerry
Aficionado
Aficionado

Torna a Benvenuto in MegaLab.it